The Golf Society of Australia was formed in 1982 to research and preserve the history of golf in Australia.
As part of this role, the Society acts as the Museum Committee of Golf Australia
and oversees the Golf Australia Museum collection and Library.
Other activities include:
- Regular golf events
- Dinners with guest speakers
- Publication of a Newsletter – The Long Game
- Coordination of a Golf Club Historians networking group
- Oral history recording project
- Collection of data relating to Golf Club locations
- Researching the history of golf in Australia.
Melbourne Pennant Golf Database, MatchTracker, Available
The Golf Society of Australia is extremely pleased to announce the availability of MatchTracker, a comprehensive database of VGA/GV/GA (Victoria) pennant results.
To access the database, use the MATCHTRACKER menu item above or the MatchTracker link at the bottom of this page.
COVID- 19 Message to Members
COVID -19 threat – Update #1 to members – 23 March 2020
COVID-19 threat – Update #2 to members – 4 May 2020